Register for our Celebrating Diversity webinar on Thursday 10th July September 2014 at 4.00pm to 4.45pm (45 minutes)!
Parents, teachers, government and Ofsted all agree that school is about far more than learning the curriculum. Knowledge is the key to helping young people gain new perspectives about the diverse world we live in today.
Celebrating diversity within the school and classroom, as part of a broader Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development approach (SMSC), gives pupils the opportunity to learn more about cultures, ethnicities and religions that may be different from their own.
Learning about these differences helps pupils develop respect and open-mindedness towards others and can help overcome ignorance and prejudice.
The webinar will cover:
- How celebrating diversity helps schools deliver effective SMCS development for their pupils;
- Why celebrating diversity is important in classrooms and schools;
- How school communities can support and build diversity;
- How Interfaith Explorers can been used as an effective SMCS resource;
- Practical steps that can embed a strong ‘celebrating’ diversity’ ethos in schools.